Last Updated: Jun 21, 2017
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter or use the contact pages to get in touch with us.
What personal information do we collect?
If you sign up for an email newsletter, we collect your email address and store it with our mailing list provider (mailchimp). If you use our contact form, we collect your email address and name as part of initiating that conversation.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
• To send periodic emails from our newsletter with new writing, and updates about our products and services
• To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
Emails are handled either through Mailchimp (for newsletter subscriptions) or Google Apps (for direct contact). Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. The website uses SSL/TLS by default to protect your communications in transit.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you turn cookies off, we don't mind, and the website should still work just fine.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Can change or remove your personal information by emailing us
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 1 business day
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us using the instructions at the bottom of each email.